Back To Work a brand new web exclusive show!
Keith Higgins, has been working with Buckinghamshire Business First to put together a series of podcasts, aiming to support local people who have lost their jobs recently, mainly due to the pandemic. These are worrying times for many people and Wycombe Sound want to help and support you as much as we can.
The series includes:
– Where can I find information to help me while I am being made redundant?
– How can I ensure my general skills are attractive to employers?
– What training opportunities are available locally?
– Are there any sectors with jobs available? Will I be suitable to retrain into these sectors?
– If I am worried about my mental health during these troubled times, what support is out there?
In episode 1, Keith talks to John Browning, Workforce Skills Manager with the Bucks Skills Hub, with the principal aim of helping you through those first stages of redundancy. In particular, where can I go to get the information I need?
In Episode 2, Keith talks to John Browning about the generic skills that employers value so highly in any profession often called Employability Skills. Keith also talks to Montreece Soares who was a student at the radio station on our Employment FM course. She has set up her own business and speaks passionately about the vital role Employability Skills played in enabling her to achieve her career ambitions.
In Episode 3, Keith talks to 3 local people about the education and training opportunities that are available in our area to support you if you want to get back to work
- Teresa Meredith from Bucks Adult Learning
- Sam Dove, who was from Building Futures & worked with Keith on the Employment FM training course
- Richard Kirkham from Buckinghamshire College Group
In Episode 4, an extensive interview with David Lett from the Tool Shed here in High Wycombe. David gives some fantastic advice about jobs in Construction, which will have something for everyone – young people & those with experience in the industry, tradespeople looking for a new challenge, people looking to move into the Construction industry. The good news is that there are jobs in this sector.
The first show was recorded before the news of the second lockdown. If you have any feedback about the podcast, email email@example.com.